Saturday, July 12, 2008

Are We There Yet?

Updates, updates....
So we are finally all checked in at the Lagerhof Inn, which is the hotel on base. Its actually pretty nice. We have a fridge and a huge tv/dvd player in our room, along with a lil community kitchen across the hallway from us, which has a stove, pots, pans, microwave, etc. So its actually working out great for us. Alot better than the dang bare house Ive had to live in for a week. It was really sad for me to sign out and turn in our keys on Friday. And then we had dinner last nite with all my girlfriends here, and man... was THAT hard! I had to hug a few necks, and say some goodbyes, but hopefully I'll still get to see a few of them before we leave.
We also decieded on Friday, just for shits n giggles, to see how much a rental car would be for us. Insurance covers it, and we got some extra travel money, so WHY NOT!! Well, it just so happened that they had some mini-coopers there. Oh yes... i was like how RAD would THAT BE!!!? SO for 80Euros we rented one of those for the whole weekend. It is Super super cool I must say. I So want one. And man .. I am totally proud of myself for re-learning how to drive a manual shift! haha! I had to get into an empty parking lot, to practice my stop n go. HAHA thats the part I suck at.. the shifting is just like the video games. EASY! Well I did soooo good.. I was like ok.. let me take it around post. Its been the 10th grade, since last I 'attempted' to drive a stick shift. Ol Jana Thurstons Jeep Wrangler she had back in HS. Im sure some of you remember that. Anywhos... the mini-cooper as I said way cool. And the dang gas mileage is soooooo good.. 47 MILES/GAL!!! NO JOKE! its a diesel engine, which helps. But even for unleaded gas its like 37mpg. So we are thinking, HUmm.. lets look at one of those when we get home. While we dont have kids, etc, It would totally be cool for us. So stay tuned for that. He wants an Nissan Altima-Booooo... I like the Maxima better. LOL. So we shall see.
Other than that.. thats about all thats going on here. We leave super early Tues. AM to head to the train station. It will take us right into the airport. YAY! So that will be fun.
Well here are a few pics from the past few days....
check out Bouboules nun outfit. It was sooo funny. He crawled under the sheets tonite.. and counldnt get out, because he was standing on the sheet.. and it was pulling around his face.. LOL man it was sooo funny... (picture to be uploaded in a few days--net connection in the hotel is crap!!!!!)
Cant wait to see you all! It will feel Sooooo good to be home in Texas.
TWO MORE DAYS!!!

1 comment:

ashley said...

what it do? where u at? lemme know when you get ready for some YUMMY food cuz we're going out for some! believe THAT! cuz I KNOW they don't make food over there like we do!