Thursday, March 19, 2009

I made cookies...

.... yes I did! Mikes platoon had a lil cookout tonite, and I was given the "sweets" duty. I made chocolate chip cookies & brownies! {box brownies that is} But I did make the cookies from scratch! They were so yummy... and Im glad I had some friends to talk to on Skype during the whole process... because those dang cookies took me almost 3 hrs to bake!!

It took 4 & 1/4 cups of flour...so thats why it took me so long! I even used the X-Large baking cookie sheet!

and eventhough it called for the semi-sweets..... I used the good stuff!!{milk chocolate chips}

Mmmmm cookie dough..... Oh and you know I licked the spatula.. Shhhhhhhhh....

3 hours later... my 14 stacks of cookies.. + a huge plateful for my awesome neighbors... whos kids say "I AM THE BEST neighbor EVER!!"... yah.. EVER PEOPLE! + I managed to snitch a good 15 or so for Mike in a ziplock.
But over all the cookout went swell... a quicky. Those poor guys have been workin OT all week... so they were all anxious to eat and get the heck outta there! ha! Good Times though.

Some more exciting news... I was picked to be the NEW FRG Leader for Mikes Company! Hooray! Im pretty stoked... yet a lil scared or intimidated I guess I shall say?! For all that dont know what FRG stands for.. {Family Readiness Group} The FRG is responsible for ... and Im quoting this.. because its kind of hard to explain...
"The Family Readiness Group, formerly known as the Family Support Group (FSG), is a concept that had early roots among Army families, who banded together during war or
tours overseas or other isolated locations, to provide information, moral support, and social outlets to their members. They provide an avenue of mutual support and assistance and a network of communication among the members, the chain of command, and community resources."

Sooo.. in a nutshell, that is now me! Its a pair of pretty big pants to fill.. but looks really good to be in that position!! *smiley face*
As for updates on us... we are still truckin along here.. everything is going swell. Weather is finally kickin into warm gear... flowers are blooming.. the grass is finally spouting.. along with a crap load of WEEDS! {my new fav site.. All About Lawns}-my dad would be so proud! hahaha~! Astro now has his summer hair-cut..Bouboule is shaggy as ever, .... Ive managed to get in gear on working out consecutively... and Mikes training to go to Ranger school! **sidenote**We hope to be home this summer at least for a couple weeks... hopefully May-ish. I also plan to be in the 'Ville sometime September-ish. 10-Yr class reunion time.. whew.. I think another gray hair just popped in with that statement..{and no joke.. I do have ONE.. only one-for now!}
Anyhow..thats all of the updates I have for today! Hope everyone has a good FRIDAY!! TGIFF!! -Figure it out....

Signing off....

~L

No comments: