Thursday, December 11, 2008

300 vs. 620

So Ive began to think that the reason I haven't been able to go asleep for the past couple of nights is the fact that my sheets suck! So as some of you know, Mike and I just bought a King size bed. Its FABULOUS I might add. But of course that also meant we've had to upgrade to some king sized sheets.
Well we all know the more thread count the more its going to cost ya. So I thought... lets try walmart.. just to see and besides the cheepies.. they do have a few name brands that aren't too shabby. Well I bought some 350 TC sheets by Canopy. Took them home, washed them with a ton of fabric softener, and WOW... those suckers were soft! Im talking the bed was nice and cold, when you got in.. --I love that by the way, and the pillowcase was perfect. Not itchy at all. I think they were like $69.
So then it was my birthday.. and my lovely daddy-o sent me a giftcard for the triple B, (bedbath&beyond)--for all that dont know THAT is what that crappy place is called. HA! Anyways.. I can say that.. I worked there.. it was the crappiest place Ive ever worked at. Again, just for the record. So I went out and bought those expensive a** sheets they sale for $100. 650 TC, I thought to myself, "MAN! These are probably super soft.. If Ive got 300TC from Walmart, THESEEEEEE.. must be like sleepin on clouds."
WRONG!!!!!!!
TOTALLY wrong!
These dang things... are itchy as crap! I washed them twice, and loaded them with fabric softener, and they are still rough.
I mean I would be here all day plotting my case on these dang things, but seriously... DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! lol Go to Walmart! And the part that hacks me the most is that I could have bought 2 pair of the ones at Walmart for like $20 more, and be sleeping in bliss. The only thing those ones from the Triple B have over the Canopy's is the lovely pinstripes on them.
ANYWAYS... my happy words of wisdom blog entry for all of you to learn from. Thats what Im here for kids. Lesson learned.
Dont by expensive 600 thread count sheets when they claim to be soft.. they are LIARS! LOL
signing off for the evening.. hehe
~Laura

3 comments:

Kevin said...

You should take those crappy sheets back and get your money! There's no point in sleeping in a bed if your sheets aren't comfortable. Might as well string a hammock.

Ike's Blog...Expect Randomness! said...

HAHA-it's not only about the thread count. It has a lot to do with what fabric it's made out of. I went to Linen's and Things and bought some sheets. They were sooooo nice.

Oh btw I love your little box at the top. It's cute!

The Boyd Family said...

girl they were cotton.. cotton is cotton. 300 or 600.. shit my default should be softer at 600. thats 320 threads difference! shooot! lol