Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Xmas or not?

So for many years now.. we all have our prefrences on how to tell our loved ones Merry Christmas... Feliz Navidad....Happy Hanukkah.. Merry Xmas... Merry Cmas.. and the oh so lovely Happy Holidays. Well..anyone that knows me, knows that I personally LOVE to short hand type.. and usually if I am typing an email, or chatting.. whatever.. I do say Merry Cmas. Im quite the abbreviator..as I said.
But on to my point for this blog entry.. for all of my Christians, or religious friends out there.. I dont think you see the word in full. Christmas.. definition by Wikipedia- "Is an annual Christian holiday celebrated on December 25 or January 7 that marks and honors the birth of Jesus of Nazareth."
And I know mostly everyone knows that... and no matter your religious belief, which maybe prevents you from choosing to say CHRISTmas... there is no excuse to use Xmas as a way to say Merry Christmas.
Think about it... someone once told me, and gosh it was a long time ago.. when I was a kid, but for the life of me I cannot remember who told me this.. but.. they said.. "You should never write Xmas... that word is showing that you 'X' out the word Christ." Now how true and goofy that may seem... it has always stuck with me. So growing up.. I saw "Xmas" used everywhere.. and always wondered, "ok so does this person not believe in the birth of Christ? or do they just have no idea what they wrote with that can of fake snow on their window?"--I KNOW YOU GUYS KNOW what Im talking about.. lol
So from here on out.. all of you that DO read my blog.. no more of this Xmas crap. I know I do not lead the best Christian-like life out there but I do respect the religion I believe in, and all that goes along with it.


And on a side note---
I love and Miss you all... and hope to post some holiday pictures soon. Hope everyone is safe this holiday, and enjoys their winter-like weather.. it was 75degrees today, oh and its 11pm, and its 67 out still. CRAZY GROUNDHOG!!

No comments: