Monday, June 30, 2008

Have to Share

Again I so frequently do... when Im bored.... COOK! YAY! So I found this recipe book.. its more of a lil pamplet, and Ive tried a few things from there before and they just did NOT turn out good. Anyhow.. Every once n a while I crave the sweets. So I decided to bake these Cream Cheese Brownies from that book.
Im not too big on the rich chocolate taste, but man.. you can never go wrong with brownies. I added about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet)--in the chocolate batter by the way, and that made it 10x more better. Definitely one of those things that gets better after its set a day or so, covered of course. Seems like it gets more M____. and Im not saying that word because its just one of those words I hate! Starts with an "m" and rhymes with hoist... got it? ok, good. HAHA Anyhow... here is the recipe. Its super EASY!!!!

---sidenote::dont mind the pepper, tomato, oinion and sunflower in the background I have no idea why that would make you WANT a brownie.. ewh!--




Ingredients:

* 3 eggs
* 6 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1 cup sugar, divided
* 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup baking cocoa
* 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese

Directions:
Separate two eggs, putting each white in a separate bowl (discard yolks or save for another use); set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in the whole egg, one egg white and vanilla until well combined. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to egg mixture until blended. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside. (I usually line the pan with a sheet of foil makes it easier to pull out of the pan & cut)
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the second egg white.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.

So make some for your hubbies tonite ladies! They will Love em! Mike doesnt even like sweets, but he was like MMmmmm.... hehe.... GOOD LUCK!!

1 comment:

ashley said...

YUMMY! I could've used this recipe BEFORE I went the the grocery store about an hour ago! I was wanting to make SOMETHING & we just got plain brownie mix. I have everything but the cream cheese...that's just not something I keep around the house!